“Mouth Clicks can be easily controlled if you know the right way to do it by taking this seriously,” says Peter Salzano, a professional voice-over actor and a renowned blogger. Before we dig into the ways in which the mouth clicks can be controlled you need to understand what it actually is and analyse if you have this issue while recording but did not pay attention to it.
What are Mouth Clicks?
It is generally referred to as the movement of the tongue & jaws creating little saliva bubbles inside the mouth. Other than this the ones facing the issue of dry mouth can be a result of dehydration, and not because of lack of saliva in the mouth. Mouth clicks usually sound like little clicks or pops.
In this article today Peter Salzano has shared a few points that you must consider to reduce the mouth clicks during your recording sessions:
- Keep yourself properly hydrated before the recording session
- Prefer water over other diuretics like tea, red bull, coffee, coke, and similar drinks especially before and during the recording session.
- Avoid shouting during recording, this generally happens when the placement of the project is not proper and to coordinate with others around and respond to their suggestion you at a time need to shout to make your words audible.
- Take a sip of water during the session to keep your throat hydrated throughout the session.
- For a temporary solution, you can try the green apple hack. Eating green apples is the last resort to deal with mouth clicks.
These are the top 5 tips that can help to reduce the mouth clicks problem during the recording sessions. Peter Salzano says that water is the best medicine for this problem, but limit your intake so that you do not have to take breaks during the recording sessions.