“Voice Acting can never go out of fashion, as digitalization is opening new doors for voice actors to explore and achieve,” says Peter Salzano, a renowned voice actor. For the aspiring voice actors that are still confused to make voice acting their full time or part-time career choice, facts and stats are important to explain to take them one step closer to their final decision.
Today, Peter Salzano has shared several interesting facts that build the excitement to pursue voice acting as a career. Let’s get started:
- Voice actors use vocal props to create variation in the voice. For example, to record a laughing out loud scene, actors often use external factors that can make them laugh out loud to record the perfect emotion.
- Voice actors at times are put on standby so the smart way out is not to depend totally on one job as a voice actor, look for multiple.
- Voice actors can get paid by the word, for example, a voice-over “Shop now” “season-ending sale” requirement for voice actors.
- Celebrities are not usually the best voice actors so the opportunity always shift to voice actors to work with big production and celebrities
- Animation series is always the best and long time opportunity for voice actors
These are the top 5 facts that Peter Salzano feels every aspiring voice actor should know before they start exploring opportunities.
Other than these facts everything depends on your experience as a voice actor and how you manage to explore and grab the boundless opportunities.