Voice acting demands creativity, and patience to get the right opportunity as a voice actor, say, Peter Salzano, a voice actor by profession. These days where people look at the bright side of voice acting that is growing opportunities, there are a number of challenges that are faced by the voice actors due to increasing competition and stress.
It has become important to discuss the challenges faced by the voice actors in professional life, as both sides of the coin should be discussed. Peter Salzano says that there is no challenge in personal or professional life that you can not overcome.
But to prepare for the challenge you need to identify them first so that you can look for solutions instead of feeling anxious about the situation.
Here is a list of challenges shared by Peter Salzano that are commonly faced by a voice actor. Take a look at them and in case you are facing any such challenge discuss it before you plan to give up as this happens with everyone. What matters how strong you are to face them.
- The cost of coaching is the biggest challenge for the aspiring voice actors
- Finding the right demo coach, producer, or production team
- Handling the demands of voice acting
- Inadequate lip-syncing skills
- Lack of understanding of the international style of dubbing
- Vocal Fatigue
- Losing clients
- Emotional breakdown
- The task of voice exchange in daily soap and movies
- Voiceover narration
- Nervousness while performing with experts
- Inadequate instrumental knowledge
- Challenge to work with other voice actors
- Health-related challenges
- Lack of concentration
- Money/ earnings from voice acting as a career can be a challenge
- No job as a voice actor/ No permanent job as a voice actor
- Ideas differentiation between you and your client can lead to misunderstanding
- Payment delay can also be considered a challenge
- Deciding to put an end to your voice acting career is also a challenge
These are the top challenges that are common and you as a voice actor will face them at some point or the other says, Peter Salzano. With the frequent changes faced by the industry, the opportunities for voice actors may have increased, but the biggest challenge is adapting to these changes.
For example, the entertainment industry is among the popular source of income for voice actors, but now the corporate sector has come up with new opportunities. The challenge here is to decide whether to switch to corporate or continue with the entertainment industry.
On the other hand, there is no permanent job as a voice actor incorporate, but from earning point of view it’s a great opportunity to grab. So in short currently making the right decision is the biggest challenge faced by the voice actors.